It is known to the international market that the ship control system POSEIDON EH with Smart ShipPowerBus stands out in a class of its own. The absolute functional reliability in combination with easy installation and low maintenance attracts high interest in the global shipbuilding industry.
S-two took part in the international tender of Guangzhou Salvage Bureau of the Ministry of Transport for this project and won. We’re now about to deliver one of the biggest single orders by the middle of April: our ship control system POSEIDON EH with Smart ShipPowerBus for a 50.000 dwt Semi-Submersible Heavy Lifter. The vessel will be built at the renowned shipyard CSSC Guangzhou Huangpu Shipbuilding Co. Ltd.
The conclusive facts:
- 720 electro-hydraulic actuators with Smart ShipPowerBus mounted on butterfly valves of various sizes.
- Controlled via redundant PLCs in 2 control cabinets.
- 6 operating panels (each station allows operation of the entire system).
- Uninterruptible power supplies at both control cabinets guarantee full system availability and operability for 30 minutes even in case of total supply failure (blackout).
- ESD „Emergency Shut Down“: In case of an emergency, all bunker armatures are closed at the push of a button. Additionally, in case of supply failure of more than 1 minute, the ballast and bunker armatures are closed.
- 350 different kinds of tank measuring sensors are directly connected to the inputs of the LPUs (Local Processing Units).
- Various interfaces to other systems, such as the superimposed ship control system, loading computer and ballast water treatment system.